Canterbury has a proud history of being an active and vibrant region of NZEALS.
The contact details of Christine Harris (President), Lisa Dillon-Roberts (Secretary) and Barry Brooker (Treasurer) are listed below along with the membership of the Canterbury executive.
We encourage other NZEALS members to consider being part of the executive. We are especially keen to strengthen representatives from the secondary sector.
The executive aims to run at least 3 or 4 key regional events each year to support NZEALS members. Non‑members are able to attend regional events for a fee.
In addition to running regional events the executive is focused on increasing the Canterbury membership of NZEALS in the ECE, Primary, Secondary and Tertiary sectors. A new Canterbury Emerging Leader Scholarship was launched in 2013 and the executive is keen to promote this.
NZEALS Canterbury Emerging Leader Scholarship
The aim of this scholarship is to acknowledge and support the research, development of innovative ideas, or postgraduate study of emerging leaders in Canterbury early childhood centres, and primary, intermediate, secondary and area schools.
The scholarship is for $1,500. The successful applicant will receive $750 when the scholarship is awarded and a further $750 when NZEALS Canterbury receives the final written report.
Eligibility - Applicants must*:
- be financial members of NZEALS (Canterbury Region) at the time of application and for the period of the award
- live in Canterbury/Westland (see Scholarship details)
- have a teaching component to their job in a school or early childhood centre at the time of application
- be involved in leadership within their school or centre
- be considered by senior colleagues to be current or emerging leaders
- be able to show how their proposed study, development, and/or research will contribute to their personal/professional growth as an educational leader and to their institution and/or the wider educational community
- not be receiving financial support from another award or scholarship for the period of the NZEALS Canterbury scholarship.
* applications for collaborative proposals from NZEALS Canterbury members will be accepted.
Applications close on 31st October each year, and details will be sent to all NZEALS Canterbury members.
Successful applicants will have 18 months to complete their study and/or research
For detailed information and an application form follow the links below:
- NZEALS Canterbury Emerging Leadership Scholarship details
- NZEALS Canterbury Emerging Leadership Scholarship Application form
The Canterbury membership of NZEALS includes members from all educational sectors. In particular NZEALS facilitates contact and networking between the different education sectors. It often surprises members how much they have in common, and how much they can learn from each other.
If you would like to know about NZEALS in Canterbury please contact Christine Harris email@example.com or to join NZEALS click here.
Dr Barry Brooker
Canterbury Region Events
27 Aug 2019
4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
129 Cambridge Terrace
Join us to learn more about Professor David Giles’s research that explores the
characteristics of relational leadership that we have taken for granted in our
everyday practice as leaders.