NZEALS Canterbury Emerging Leader Scholarship
The aim of this scholarship is to acknowledge and support the research, development of innovative ideas, or postgraduate study of emerging leaders in Canterbury early childhood centres, and primary, intermediate, secondary and area schools.
The scholarship is for $1,500. The successful applicant will receive $750 when the scholarship is awarded and a further $750 when NZEALS Canterbury receives the final written report.
Eligibility - Applicants* must
- be financial members of NZEALS (Canterbury Branch) at the time of application and for the period of the award
- live in Canterbury/Westland (see Scholarship details)
- have a teaching component to their job in a school or early childhood centre at the time of application
- be involved in leadership within their school or centre
- be considered by senior colleagues to be current or emerging leaders
- be able to show how their proposed study, development, and/or research will contribute to their personal/professional growth as an educational leader and to their institution and/or the wider educational community
- not be receiving financial support from another award or scholarship for the period of the NZEALS Canterbury scholarship.
* applications for collaborative proposals from NZEALS Canterbury members will be accepted.
Applications close on 31st October each year, and details will be sent to all NZEALS Canterbury members.
Successful applicants will have 18 months to complete their study and/or research
For detailed information and an application form follow the links below:
2014 - Jeanne Williams Head Teacher of Kidsfirst Kindergartens, Lincoln.
The scholarship will assist her with completing her Masters of Education.